After a fantastic 2018 season for our inaugural Girls Under 14 and Under 12 Premiership winning team, the Canterbury Junior Football Club is committed to making 2019 a "Bigger and Better" year.
Parents and players are encouraged to attend as our intent is to provide an outline of the 2019 season and seek feedback on how to make things "Bigger and Better".
All players and parents are encouraged to forward our communications to friends and girls potentially interested in playing football in 2019 and invite as many interested parents and girls along on Monday. We can only grow if we spread the word.
In 2019 our primary aim is to offer all girls the best opportunity to be part of a club and team. We are hopeful of fielding 3, or more girls teams for girls up to the age of 15 (born 2004) with mixed (boys and girls) in U8 & U9's.
Come along, invite all your friends and have fun - Girls Footy is the fastest growing female sport in Australia.
Please note that in 2019 we have a special Introductory Offer for Girls - Registrations will be charged at $170.
So Why Canterbury Junior Football Club?
- A Club committed to the premise that sport is about fun, participation, building confidence, and community engagement.
- An extensive focus on skills acquisition and development for all girlsregardless of experience.
- Additional skills coaching sessions conducted by players from our Hawthorn VFL Affiliate - Box Hill Hawks - 2 of our skills coaches were drafted to AFL in 2017/2018!
- Access to support and assistance throughout the season from Harriet Cordner (current AFLW player for Melbourne) in a skills coaching/mentoring capacity.
- Developing children not only on the field - but off the field through team participation.
Please refer to the club website to learn about our club, our commitment to safe participation in sport and regular updates relating to girls football and club activities.
Peter Scott - 0409117104
Tim Dickinson - 0409 519 788
Andrew Hedding - 0409919911